Thursday, December 11, 2014

Wrapping up the TBR Challenge 2014

I really didn't think I'd make it to the end of my TBR pile challenge (hosted by Roof Beam Reader) this year. At the start of November I still had a few books to go and really wasn't in the mood. But here we are. Turns out the mood comes if you just keep reading!



I'm wrapping up having finished all 12 of my picks for this year, and one of my alternates to boot.


1. The Pilgrims Progress, by John Bunyan (1678) Review here

2. The Canterbury Tales, by Geoffrey Chaucer (1372) Review here

3. The Swerve: How the world became modern, by Stephen Greenblatt (2011) Review here

4. Paris in Love, by Eloisa James (2012) Review here

5. Blood River, by Tim Butcher (2007) Review here

6. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, by Philip K. Dick (1968)  Review here

7. Daddy Long Legs, by Jean Webster (1912) Review here

8. Terrier, by Tamora Pierce (2006) Review here

9. V for Vendetta, by Alan Moore (1982) Review here

10. Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood (2003) Review here

11. Blackout, by Connie Wills (2010) Review here

12. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte (1847) Review here

Alternates:

1. Europe and the People without History, by Eric R. Wolf (1982)
2. New Life Stories, by David Attenborough (2011) Review here


Favourites? Hard to pick! I had a good year!



Least favourites . . . .


I'm so pleased I've managed to 'finish' (who's TBR pile is ever finished?) this challenge for the second year running. Sign ups for next year are open over at Roof Beam Reader. Time to start constructing my pile. . .. . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, that's quite an achievement. I was doing fairly well (around one book a month) until major reading slump towards the end of the year, which means I think I've completed 10/12 at this point, and I might finish one more, but I'm not going to push myself, I think it's good enough result for a mood reader. Glad you liked Do Androids Dream..., I'm hoping to read this one soon-ish too. :)

    ReplyDelete