Monday, November 10, 2014

Nonfiction November: My Nonfiction Year





So due to moving house and having no internets I fell off the blogging bandwagon for a week or two there. Which means I missed the first week of Nonfiction November, hosted by Sophisticated Dorkiness (each week will have a different host). But because I just love this event so much I'm playing catch-up and joining in anyways!


The topic this week is:

Your Year in Nonfiction: Take a look back at your year of nonfiction and reflect on the following questions – What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year? What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? What is one topic or type of nonfiction you haven’t read enough of yet? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

Nonfiction makes up about a quarter of my reading. I try for some nonfiction each month, don't always achieve it, but don't beat myself up about it because I tend to make my way back there eventually (I find myself craving nonfiction and genre fiction in turn). Here's my nonfiction year thus far
:



I'm also currently working on The Monuments Men. Now for some questions I guess. . .

What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year?

It's hard to pick, so many stand out for different reasons! But my gut reaction is Emperess Dowager Cixi.

What nonfiction book have you recommended the most? 

Paris in Love. It's an easy read for those that don't usually go to nonfiction and just a lovely story.

What is one topic or type of nonfiction you haven’t read enough of yet?

I'm looking to get some more WWI stories and science into my nonfiction diet this year (we'll see if that happens).

What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

Great recommendations! You guys added so much to my to-read list last year. And general nonfiction geekery, coz why not. . . . .

Yay nonfictioness!!




2 comments:

  1. I have the Empress Dowager Cixi on my radar - thanks for the prompt. When my AusReading Month is over, it would be a good change of pace :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fascinating portrait Brona, totally worth it

      Delete