Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Best Kind of Shopping Spree


I have a kindle, and I love it. I'm not a complete convert to e-reading (I probably read about 65% in print still and love a paperback), but I do love my kindle. And one of the things I love most about the whole e-reading phenomenon is the number of fantastic books that you can pick up for free if you know where to look. Classics of course, but there are plenty of good quality books out there that will cost you $0.00.


 

As such, one of my favourite things to do when I have free time (the type of free time when you are procrastinating, or just don't feel like using your brain for a while) is going on a book shopping spree! Browsing the amazon bestseller 'free' list, checking out a couple of websites that I know and generally tumbling down the rabbit hole of free books. I've had a couple of self-published clangers, but if you're careful it really is possible to pick up some worthwhile reads. I picked up the 6 above during my last 'spree' (I'm most excited about Bellflower, which was mentioned several times during Fairy Tale Fortnight at The Bookrat).

Are you a sucker for free e-books as well? Have you had a clanger or two? What's the best book you've read that you got as an e-book for $0.00? (I'm not talking ARCS, giveaways etc here). Or have you written the whole freebie pile off as trash?

P.S If you are a sucker for free books of any type, the brilliant Code Name Verity is available as a free audiobook download this week from SYNC. It appears to be available worldwide (yay!) so get in while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment