Thank you Becky at A Fool's Ingenuity! I'm so flattered to have the Liebster Award coming my way. This is just a little blog that I put very little effort into attracting followers too, so it's always nice when someone goes 'you're doing a good job!'
The rules are:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers.
11 facts about me
- I can ride a unicycle and was at one stage the top female unicyclist in New Zealand in certain events. I don't have a unicycle here in the UK yet and I miss it (even though it's really a summer only activity)
- I'm trained as a librarian, but just recently 'went corporate' and now work as a business development writer for a big international corporate law firm. I love my new job, but it's a big change from the public sector!
- My husband and I were in a long distance relationship between France and New Zealand for three and a half years before we got married.
- I have a really really good relationship with my in-laws and always feel awkward when people say awful things about their mother-in-law and try and get me to join in, because I love mine!
- I love seafood. Mussels, squid, crab. . yuuuuuuummm!
- I have a scar on my leg from a spider bite when I was 7 that looks like someone has burnt me with a cigarette.
- I've been recording what I read since my English teacher made me when I was studying for my English Scholarship exam in my last year of high school.
- I love love love visiting museums and have a whole list of them that I want to visit while we live in the UK. So far I've only managed to cross the Natural History Museum off the list.
- I have a drawing from when I was six and we had to design a future invention at school. . it's an e-reader, and it literally looks exactly like an e-reader (someone should be paying me rights I think)
- I'm going to see Rainbow Rowell in person next month!! It's my first author event and I'm really excited.
- I first 'met' my husband through a facts-about-me quiz email chain!
My answers to 11 questions set by Becky
- What is your preferred reading format? E-book, paperback, hardback? I love my kindle (a lot), but on the whole I still prefer paperback. I don't really like hardbacks - they take up to much space and are harder to carry around.
- If you could only recommend one book for another to read what would it be and why? The Princess Bride, by William Goldman. Because everyone loves a classic tale of 'twue luv' and high adventure!
- One of the recent themes of Top 10 Tuesday was if you like this TV show or film you should read this, provide a book recommendation based on your favourite film or TV show. Ooooohhhh. . .uhhmmm. . . I have no idea (there was a reason I skipped that Top Ten Tuesday!)
- Where is your favourite place to read? In bed at night when it's pouring down with rain outside.
- What is your opinion on commenting on blog posts? I wish I was better at it. I love receiving comments and I really admire people that can come up with meaningful things to say all the time.
- What is your most anticipated read of 2014? Landline, by Rainbow Rowell
- We all know about blogger hype, which book have you read which did not live up to the hype? The Book Thief. I admired the symbology, but on the whole I just found it a bit overdone.
- Name one author whose books you will always read. Tamora Pierce, especially her Tortall books. They had such a big impact on my teenage years and still hold up to re-reading now, so I still get excited whenever a new one is announced.
- There are certain bloggers whose opinions I value of others, when they give a good review I will go out of my way to read that book. Name a blogger whose opinions you value of others and explain why? Christina @ A Reader of Fictions, because she's very in-depth and so good at articulating why a book is worth reading.
- What is your favourite part of blogging? The book tours, the reviews, the memes, the community…? Just being able to get my thoughts on books down somewhere really. It's a good excuse! And I love reading what everyone else has thought about a book.
- Where did your blog name come from? Simply because I really am 'an everyday reader' - I literally read every day, in every way!!