Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Liebster Award!


Thank you Becky at A Fool's Ingenuity! I'm so flattered to have the Liebster Award coming my way. This is just a little blog that I put very little effort into attracting followers too, so it's always nice when someone goes 'you're doing a good job!'

The rules are:
  • List 11 facts about yourself. 
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you. 
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers.
I'm almost immediately going to be naughty and not pass the award on. I had a quick look and all those I can immediately think of to nominate have either had the award already or don't accept them. So really I'm just going to use it as an excuse to list facts and answer questions! :-)

11 facts about me

  1. I can ride a unicycle and was at one stage the top female unicyclist in New Zealand in certain events. I don't have a unicycle here in the UK yet and I miss it (even though it's really a summer only activity)
  2. I'm trained as a librarian, but just recently 'went corporate' and now work as a business development writer for a big international corporate law firm. I love my new job, but it's a big change from the public sector! 
  3. My husband and I were in a long distance relationship between France and New Zealand for three and a half years before we got married. 
  4. I have a really really good relationship with my in-laws and always feel awkward when people say awful things about their mother-in-law and try and get me to join in, because I love mine!
  5. I love seafood. Mussels, squid, crab. .  yuuuuuuummm!
  6. I have a scar on my leg from a spider bite when I was 7 that looks like someone has burnt me with a cigarette.
  7.  I've been recording what I read since my English teacher made me when I was studying for my English Scholarship exam in my last year of high school.
  8. I love love love visiting museums and have a whole list of them that I want to visit while we live in the UK. So far I've only managed to cross the Natural History Museum off the list.
  9. I have a drawing from when I was six and we had to design a future invention at school. . it's an e-reader, and it literally looks exactly like an e-reader (someone should be paying me rights I think)
  10. I'm going to see Rainbow Rowell in person next month!! It's my first author event and I'm really excited. 
  11. I first 'met' my husband through a facts-about-me quiz email chain!

My answers to 11 questions set by Becky

  1. What is your preferred reading format? E-book, paperback, hardback? I love my kindle (a lot), but on the whole I still prefer paperback. I don't really like hardbacks - they take up to much space and are harder to carry around.
  2. If you could only recommend one book for another to read what would it be and why? The Princess Bride, by William Goldman. Because everyone loves a classic tale of 'twue luv' and high adventure! 
  3. One of the recent themes of Top 10 Tuesday was if you like this TV show or film you should read this, provide a book recommendation based on your favourite film or TV show. Ooooohhhh. . .uhhmmm. . . I have no idea (there was a reason I skipped that Top Ten Tuesday!)
  4. Where is your favourite place to read? In bed at night when it's pouring down with rain outside.
  5. What is your opinion on commenting on blog posts? I wish I was better at it. I love receiving comments and I really admire people that can come up with meaningful things to say all the time.
  6. What is your most anticipated read of 2014? Landline, by Rainbow Rowell
  7. We all know about blogger hype, which book have you read which did not live up to the hype? The Book Thief. I admired the symbology, but on the whole I just found it a bit overdone.
  8. Name one author whose books you will always read. Tamora Pierce, especially her Tortall books. They had such a big impact on my teenage years and still hold up to re-reading now, so I still get excited whenever a new one is announced.
  9. There are certain bloggers whose opinions I value of others, when they give a good review I will go out of my way to read that book. Name a blogger whose opinions you value of others and explain why? Christina @ A Reader of Fictions, because she's very in-depth and so good at articulating why a book is worth reading.
  10. What is your favourite part of blogging? The book tours, the reviews, the memes, the community…? Just being able to get my thoughts on books down somewhere really. It's a good excuse! And I love reading what everyone else has thought about a book.
  11. Where did your blog name come from? Simply because I really am 'an everyday reader' - I literally read every day, in every way!!
There you go. Hopefully that was mildly interesting for you all!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. A new reader here... I love reading the Liebster award responses. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I love reading the responses too

      Delete