Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA: Intro






This week it's Armchair BEA, where those of us not lucky enough to be at Book Expo America hang out. I'm aiming to join in with some of the discussions in a relaxed as-I-feel-like-it sort of way. Still not into the new job routine! Turns out it takes time peeps. Here's my five intro questions, feel free to link me to yours!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?

I'm Sarah - I'm a 23 year old New Zealander, who lives somewhere around the middle of the UK with my British husband. I'm a librarian by training, but just recently started a new information-industryish role with an international corporate law firm. I've been blogging for just over five years at my craft blog, but The Everyday Reader is a little over a year old in its current incarnation and was started as a requirement for my library science post-grad diploma.

What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year? 

My favourite book last year (or at least the one that's stuck with me the most) is The Reading Promise, by Alice Ozma (I have a thing for books-about-books). So far this year it's Cress, by Marissa Meyer, but I feel like I'm still waiting for my all out favourite book of the year

What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like? (Pinterest encouraged!)

Pin

Share your favorite book or reading related quote

“A library in the middle of a community is a cross between an emergency exit, a life-raft and a festival. They are cathedrals of the mind; hospitals of the soul; theme parks of the imagination. On a cold rainy island, they are the only sheltered public spaces where you are not a consumer, but a citizen instead”
― Caitlin Moran

OR

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride 

What book would you love to see as a movie?

I'd love to see Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series as a TV costume drama. I have a feeling if it was done right it would be wonderful.

15 comments:

  1. what a wonderful library quote! I've never heard that one before - it's so true!
    If that's your favorite library spot I'm so envious - what a perfect place to spend the day! I can imagine laying on the window seat with piles of books, a few snacks and some hot tea!
    Happy Armchair BEA Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my favourite library spot, but certainly my dream one!

      Delete
  2. btw, your header is lovely! I really like the clean look to your blog - makes it quite enjoyable to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! So nice to meet you through BEA! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo at the top of the screen (title), very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet another Classics Club member -- I'm just getting started on my list. I have P.G. Wodehouse on there too! I'm another fan of the look of your blog. I've been looking at so many of these Armchair BEA that give me a headache. Yours will be a pleasure to visit.

    Visit my blog at Emerald City Book Review 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of overcrowded graphics - you're right about it giving you a headache!!

      Delete
  6. Hey, Sarah! So happy to see you participating this year. I LOVE the look of that reading space - holy cow! I've always wanted a little nook of my own, just like that. A pillow bed by the window. Just needs a suitable place for the coffee press. ;) Hope you have fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam! I love the look of that reading place too. . .one day!!

      Delete
  7. New to your blog via Armchair BEA; my YA mystery / thriller, FERAL, releases this August with HarperTeen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi and Happy Armchair BEA to you. I like your fave book quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still reading the Lunar Chronicles, but love them.
    Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete