Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Bucket List



For the first time in aggeesss I'm joining in with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week its your top ten Bookish Bucket List. Here's mine . . . .

  1. Go to an author event: they didn't happen often in NZ, but I think I have a better chance of making this one happen in the UK.
  2. Get some of my books signed
  3. Visit the Jane Austen House museum: now we're living in the UK, this one is looking more achievable too
  4. Visit the Bodelian Library: as is this one!
  5. Collect all of the Jeremy James books, by David Henry Wilson (ideally by the time we have children): I loved these books as a child, but they're now out of print. I've been picking them up at book sales and second hand stores as I see them.
  6. Finish my Classics Club list (and ideally start a second one!): 9 books down, 41 to go.
  7. Read some graphic novels: At the moment I have V for Vendetta (Alan Moore), Relish/French Milk (Lucy Kinsey) and Maus (Art Spiegelman) on my to-read list. What else should I be looking at?
  8. Own a first edition of one of my favourite classics. 
  9. Be able to read a book in a second language: as my husband is fluent, we own lots of books in French and Spanish as well as English. One day I'd love to be able to read some of them!
  10. Have a house with in-built bookshelves . . .  and possibly a roll along ladder: because who doesn't want that really?

What's on your Bookish Bucket list? Does it overlap with mine?

11 comments:

  1. Cute header and I love your media icons!

    Jane Austen House Museum!!! How have I not known about that!!!?!?!

    I hope you enjoy graphic novels once you try them ^^

    Great list!

    AmandaEmma @ Little Miss Reader
    My TTT : http://little-missreader.blogspot.dk/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-my-bookish-bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bodleian! (swoons) Yes, please! Not only is it gorgeous, but it figures in both Gaudy Night and A Discovery of Witches. I. Want. To. Go. There.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a rolling ladder is a staple in everyone's dream library.

    One day I'll find myself in the UK and I'll go to the Jane Austen House Museum. That sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of #10. I'd love to have a library one day in my house with lots of books in there.

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-things-bookish-bucket-list/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Don't worry, I knew that feeling until very recently too!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, built-in bookshelves. What a dream...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of the bookish touristy things you can do in Europe! Going to see Much Ado About Nothing at The Globe is one of my top bookish travel wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much bookish history in Europe, it's quite amazing. I'm going to make the most of it!

      Delete
  8. Good luck finishing your classics club list! I think mine gets longer, not shorter, even though it has a limit. Not sure how that's happening :) I love that this was a Top Ten Tuesday - I hope you come by and link it up to the Original Bookish Bucket List, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mental classics club list certainly gets longer and longer!!

      Delete