Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wrapping up the TBR Challenge 2013!

*waves* I'm back! Hopefully anyways. It turns out this whole moving to the other side of the world thing plays havoc with ones internet access. But I'm back just in time to wrap up for the year and sort out some goals for 2014. I'm starting with Roof Beam Reader's TBR challenge. . . which I finished!! Over a month ago actually, but no wrap up post due to aforementioned lack of internet.



I managed all 12 from my pile, plus one of my alternates:

Austenland, Shannon Hale Finished 10/02/13, Reviewed here

My life in France, Julia Child  Finished 12/01/13, Reviewed here

Never let me go, Kazuo Ishiguro Finished 18/03/13. Reviewed here

Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell Finished 06/07/13. Reviewed here

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Winifred Watson Finished 17/01/13, Reviewed here

A Year in Provence, Peter Mayle Finished 16/04/13, Reviewed here

Montaillou, Emmanuel Le Roy LadurieFinished 3/06/13 Reviewed here

Freakonomics, Steven Levitt Finished 12/10/13. Reviewed here

Knit one, Kill two, Maggie SeftonFinished 25/05/13, Reviewed here

For God, Country and Coca-Cola, Mark Pendergrast Finished 11/09/13, Reviewed here 

Les Misérables, Victor Hugo    Finished 29/06/13, Reviewed here

A Life in Stitches, Rachael Herron  Finished 26/04/13, Reviewed here


Alternates:

Orientalism, Edward Said

A Lion Called Christian, Anthony Bourke. Finished 21/05/13, Reviewed here

I think overall I enjoyed Les Miserables , Cloud Atlas and Montaillou the best from my picks this year. Funnily enough, they were the three that took me the longest time to get through! Les Miserables took me over a month on and off. Knit One, Kill Two and Freakonomics were definitely the biggest disappointments from the pile, but I'm glad I finally got them out of the way.

Stay tuned for my 2014 picks, because despite my best efforts the TBR pile keeps on growing!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Great job! I only got one off my list done. You had some tough ones on your list! I liked Cloud Atlas and Never Let Me Go a lot. I haven't read the others on your list.

    ReplyDelete