Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (12)


It's Tuesday!! Which means it's time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week it's Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love.) This was totally easy, because there are literally hundreds of books out there that I could see as movies or TV shows (IF THEY DID THEM RIGHT!!). I had to stop myself from including Tamora Pierce for the third week running. . . I totally could have though :-) Anyway, my picks for this week . . . . 


1. Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins. If it was done right, wouldn't Anna make a great teen movie? The same goes for Lola and the Boy Next Door

2. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. I can totally see it as the basis for a nerd-tastic TV series.

3. I've Got Your Number, by Sophie Kinsella would make a CUTE romantic comedy film.

4. The Bridgerton series, by Julia Quinn would make an awesome costume drama (each season could be a different one of the Bridgerton siblings and you've got 8 seasons right there).

5. The Agatha Raisin series, by M.C Beaton. Yay for cozy mystery T.V shows! Enough with all the C.S.I-ing, I'd rather have a mysterious village murder in the Cotswalds any day. .  it could follow in the tradition of shows like Miss Marple and Rosemary and Thyme.

6. The Century Trilogy, by Ken Follet. When they're done with Downton Abbey, this series could totally be the basis for the next epic historical drama.

7. The Lunar Chronicles, by Marissa Meyer could definitely be a big blockbuster series if done right.

8.  The Thursday Next series, by Jasper Fforde would make a great mystery T.V series. Plus I feel like I might have less problems keeping the plot line straight if it was played out on a screen.

9. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. This one is apparently already going to be a movie, though it's been trapped in development hell for a few years now. It could be so great, a touching and romantic WWII tale, so long as they get it right. At least I can imagine Michelle Dockery as Juliet better than Kate Winslet, who was originally cast.

10. Whisky Galore, by Comton Mackenzie was originally made into a film in 1949. I think it's time someone bought this Scottish Island caper back to the big screen for a modern audience, it would make a great comedy.

What would you pick? Link me to your list!! And what are your favourite/least favourite current adaptations? I think the best movie adaptation I've seen recently was The Hunger Games and the worst was World War Z. . . if only they always got it right *sigh*

4 comments:

  1. The Bridgertons would make an amazing series. I love the books.

    Here's my Books into Movie List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it just? Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. You know, I never thought of Fangirl as a TV show, but it actually would be pretty fantastic. Like Freak and Geeks kind of thing. A coming of age show. I love that idea!

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep coming of age was what I was thinking! Wouldn't it be good? Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete