Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Winter TBR List

dc44c-toptentuesdayJoining in (as usual) with Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and the Bookish. This week it's the Top Ten books on your Summer to-be-read list. As it happens. . . I'm in New Zealand. Summer's a long way off people!!! So this is my Winter TBR List . . it may be a little less beachy and more curl up in beddy, but no less fun :-)



1. Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell is finally going to the make it to the top of the pile. About time too, its only been in the pile for about three years



2. The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde. Literary detection? Why have I never even heard of this series until this year?



3. The Assassin's Curse, by Cassandra Rose Clarke.  It has pirates?? Sign me up right now! I just have this feeling that not enough books at the moment have pirates in them :-D



4. Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Fangirl and loved it (review closer to publication date), so now I feel like I need to catch up on everything else that Rowell's written. I've already got to Attachments, Eleanor & Park is next.


5. Sanditon, by Jane Austen. I've been on a short fiction kick lately and Sanditon is on my Classics Club list. Plus I feel weird watching it when I haven't read it yet.



6. Splintered, by A.G. Howard. A retelling of Alice in Wonderland that I've seen nothing but good things about around blogland.



7. Moranthology, by Caitlin Moran. She's the writer of my current favourite quote about my profession, so I feel like I should actually read one of her books.



8. Lucy's Kiss, by Rachael Herron. I promised myself I'd try some of Rachael Herron's fiction after finishing A Life in Stitches (review here) and this looks like good curl up in bed reading.



9. Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett. I recently finished A Blink of the Screen (review coming) and in running over what of the Discworld I'd read, discovered I'd missed Guards! Guards!, so a skip back into the world of the City Watch seems in order.



10. The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After, by Julia Quinn. It's had mixed reviews, but I feel like I need to finish off my journey with the Bridgerton siblings. I commited to 8 books, may as well read the ninth!


What will you be reading this summer/winter? This list is looking good to me for the moment, but from past experiences I'm guessing I may end up reading about half before the winters end.

9 comments:

  1. The Eyre Affair is at the top of my TBB (To Be Bought) list. I had never heard of it until I saw it on Goodreads and it sounds so good. Like you, I couldn't believe I had never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top ten! I really want to read Splintered:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out "The Eyre Affair" from the library forever! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eleanor & Park is a fantastic read and I really love Julia Quinn's novels! Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eleanor & Park was such a great, emotional read. I hope you enjoy it! Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually about half way through it now. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. . . bits I love, bits I don't. . . we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Assassin's Curse looks interesting. Splintered almost made my top ten. No matter though, as I will read it this fall if I do not get to it sooner. Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my Tuesday Post.

    ReplyDelete