Monday, January 14, 2013

My 2013 Cookbook Challenge

I'm one of those awful people that loves cookbooks but never uses them. I'll see them, fall in love with them - rarely buy them new but regularly pick them up at bookfairs, and then never touch them again. I'm constantly on the hunt for recipes but it seems the more cookbooks I have the more often the internet is my first port of call! In an attempt both to get more use out of them and declutter, this year I've set myself a challenge. Use all of my cookbooks by the end of the year. Whichever ones aren't used get donated. Here's the list. Like my TBR challenge, I'll update it during the year with my progress. I've already made a good start, knocking three off.

A Year's Worth: Recipes from the Dunsandel Store, by Sam Mannering

Artisan Bread in five minutes a day, by Jeff Hertzberg & Zoe Francois Used 07/01/13 Master Recipe

Bake, by Allyson Gofton Used March 13, cheese crackers

Best Ever Three and Four Ingredient Cookbook, by Jenny White

Bread, by Joan Wiener & Diana Collier

Celebration of Summer, Real Magazine

Classic 1000 Cake and Bake Recipes, by Wendy Hobson    Used 14/01/13 Chedder Biscuits

Complete Comfort Food, by Bridget Jones

Country Calender Cookbook, by Allyson Gofton

Cupcake Heaven, Metro books

Edmonds Beginners Cookbook, Goodman Fielder New Zealand

Edmonds Cookery Book, Goodman Fielder New Zealand Used 07/04/13 Banana Loaf

Edmonds More Food for Flatters, Goodman Fielder New Zealand

Food in a Minute: The Cookbook, by Allyson Gofton

Good Food Made Simple, by Allyson Gofton Used 26/05/13 Scallop Pie

Joan Bishop's New Zealand Crockpot and Slowcooker Cookbook, by Joan Bishop  Used 07/01/13 Pumpkin, Kumara and Peanut Soup

Macaron, by Alison Thompson

Microwave Bottling, by Isabel Webb  Used 22/02/13 Bottled Rhubarb

Ottolenghi: The Cookbook, by Yotam Ottolenghi

Slow Cooking: Easy slow cooker recipes, by Katie Bishop  Used 25/04/2013 Butternut, sage and walnut rissoto

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. […] the start of this year, I challenged myself to start using my cookbooks, because I’ve realised I’m the sort of person that buys beautiful cookbooks and then […]

    ReplyDelete